In this highly competitive workforce marketplace, companies are constantly struggling to find the right people while keeping their best employees in hand. Retaining your top talent is key.
There is a need to create a mutually beneficial relationship between employers and employees; one where companies encourage their employees to be creative and inspire them to do their best.
In this Vantage Point Recruiting podcast, Jay Casavant and Uli Stewart talk about how to find – and keep – the right talent.
“Your ability to attract and retain the best talent out there really mandates how well you do on business.” – Jay
What you can expect to learn
– The importance of having good leaders and hiring the essential staff to drive the company’s success
– What essential elements attract and keep the right people
– How recognition can promote employee involvement
– Why individuals are willing to take risks for the companies they trust
“It’s more important to work for those companies that they believe in and work with those managers that actually have their benefit in mind.” – Jay
– Check in with employees on a consistent basis
– Encourage people to think and get involved in improving things in the workplace
– Be flexible in meeting the generational variations in work-life balance
– Promote autonomy
– Connect with teammates early on
– Participate in activities to broaden your skills
– Make yourself valuable
“People want to make a difference. And whenever they can do so, they become passionate about that.” – Jay
– – –
Vantage Point Recruiting helps employers navigate the terrain of what our lives are like and what demands the employees are expecting.
Vantage Point is led by Jay Casavant, who founded the firm in 2007 after being in the high tech recruitment business for 22 years. Uli Stewart is the recruiting manager at Vantage Point Recruiting.