Job Description: This position will be filled by a dynamic individual to support and supplement our engineering department to meet current and future demands. The ideal candidate will be a proven problem solver who has the ability to communicate effectively, to provide assistance and technical support to our front line employees and work closely with internal and external customers to improve processes. A background in LEAN, ISO and process improvement is desirable. Our manufacturing / process engineer will focus on but not limited to the key objectives and projects outlined below.
Job Requirements: Successful candidates must have:
- BS in Engineering supplemented by exposure to manufacturing environment, degree related to manufacturing preferred or a minimum of 5-years experience working in an engineering technical support role in the powder metal industry and or sintered filter products and applications.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate and develop work instructions, solutions to problems and reports for all levels of employees, supplier and customers.
- High energy level required.
- Knowledge of ISO, Lean manufacturing, Kaizen and Six Sigma helpful.
- Strong computer skills including AutoCad,2019 or equivalent Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of operation of work orders (routers), ability to read, understand and implement customer changes, Bill of Material operation and ability to make changes.
- A proven leader with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of staff.
- Ability to work all assigned hours, some off shifts hours and weekends are required.
- Ability to carry out all daily responsibilities and key objectives listed above.
To apply for this job email your details to Jay@vantagepointrecruiting.com