Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Work as a member of a cross functional POD team who provides guidance, direction, written instruction and training as related to Glass to Metal sealed and heat treated assemblies.
- Assists production flow by facilitating 5S, Value Stream Mapping (VSM) and process flow diagrams as required.
- Assists in the procurement and installation of equipment and all other duties as assigned.
- Works closely with production and engineering by communicating and facilitating recommendations and design changes as applicable.
- Designs fixtures and tooling, evaluates processes for increased through put and trouble shoots issues on products and processes.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or BS with a material science focus
- Minimum of 4 years hands on practical experience in a production and/or assembly environment working with glass or ceramic materials and heat treating
- Must have knowledge and experience in Lean and/or Six Sigma.
- Must have advance computer skills, CAD
- Working knowledge of heat treat processing equipment, machinery and tools to include measuring devices.
To apply for this job email your details to Jay@vantagepointrecruiting.com