The Technical Business Analyst will get to review business processes or business problems, which require new technology or revision of existing technology, in order to gain a complete understanding of current procedures, identify improvements, document those processes/solutions, and connect appropriate business and technology stakeholders to address functionality requirements and gaps. This role would be responsible for technical business analysis projects as assigned. The position will also be the subject matter expert for functionality available in our document and events management systems, as well as for expanding the use of these two platforms across our organization.
- Prepares for and conducts business process analysis.
- Documents and presents analysis, working with all subject matter experts to draw the best solution for the overall good of the organization…ensuring integration in solution between business and technology.
- Writes business, functional and technical requirements.
- Performs feasibility analysis, scopes projects and works with project team to prioritize deliverables and negotiate on product functionalities and approach.
- Responsible for knowledge transfer of business implications to technology team and vice versa.
- Help identify, communicate and resolve issues.
- Provides analytic support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation.
- Write and implement Integration/user acceptance/functionality testing, training and ongoing maintenance plans.
- Initial Training/Workshops on new functionality introduced by upgrades and new functionality, as needed
- Responsible for business analysis projects, as assigned, across our entire enterprise software.
- Subject matter expert for functionality available in our document and events management systems as well as for expanding the use of these two platforms across our organization.
- Manage vendor relationship with document and events management
- Coordinate Perceptive Content/EMS major software upgrades with users and other IS resources
- Maintain and Implement Access database tools where appropriate within our enterprise architecture.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business/IT
3+ years experience as a functional, data or business analyst
3+ years experience in Access, Excel (Advanced), Visio, and MS Project (or other project management software)
3+ years of customer interfacing experience ? project oversight, customer presentation, etc.
Demonstrated business analysis skills
Demonstrated business process modeling
Solid documentation skills
Excellent Communication (written and verbal) and team negotiation/conflict resolution skills
Analytical with excellent problem solving skills