The EHS Specialist is a full-time permanent role with our client, a fast growing global biotech company. You will oversee programs and policies to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations and standards.
- Ensures OSHA, EPA, DEP, DOT and applicable regulations are satisfied.
- Maintains environmental, safety and health information to meet government requirements, as well as to provide data for problem solving and decision making.
- Controls hazards such as noise, chemical exposure, radiation, or biological hazards that can create harm. Partners with other departments to ensure controls are in place.
- Identifies future development needs. Prepares a plan that set appropriate development goals, establishes timelines, identifies resource requirements and applies newly acquired knowledge, skill and/or experience to the position.
- Improves the workplace design and layout based on an understanding of human physiological and psychological characteristics, abilities and limitations.
- Determines root cause and facts related to an accident or incident. Takes appropriate action in a timely fashion. Develops action plan from data and to prevent recurrence.
- Plans, organizes and tracks the implementation of activities to achieve safety objectives in the organization and implements administrative or technical controls that will eliminate or reduce hazards.
- Communicates environmental, health and safety risks and takes appropriate action within established limits.
- Acts as point of contact during both planned and unplanned inspections.
Supervisory Responsibilities: may supervise assigned personnel, including contractors and temporary staff.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety, safety engineering, industrial engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Several years of progressively responsible experience administering a safety program.
- Project management experience.
- working knowledge of governmental regulations and applicable standards such as EPA, OSHA, DOT and ISO.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in technical writing and/ writing SOPs.