The Director of Operations shall be responsible for the day-to-day operations of Portsmouth manufacturing facility. Responsibilities include managing employee health & safety, environmental compliance, employee development and performance management, quality of product and service, and all plant operations including facility maintenance, process equipment maintenance, efficient production management, facility budget, inventory and housekeeping. Interface will be required with all departments (Business Development, Human Resources, Quotations, Projects, Engineering, Finance, etc.).
- Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing, quality, planning, purchasing and maintenance operations, with a focus on HSE improvement and cost reduction.
• Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure the facility supports financial objectives, strategic initiatives, and performance improvement initiatives and metrics to drive superior business performance.
• Active involvement in and at times leading initiatives to promote increased customer relations through proactive communication, timely negotiation of schedule and scope changes, and coordination of operational excellence activities to optimize plant capacity, on-time deliveries and customer satisfaction
Drive superior performance in critical business metrics, including, but limited to: Top line sales, bottom line profit, Price of Non-conformance, inventory turns, gross inventory, etc
• Proactively drive communication throughout the organization:
• Attend and participate in employee events.
• Advocate and foster a team concept.
• Spend time on the shop floor and other areas of the organization, regularly interacting with employees
Ability to develop strategy to modify production processes and staff allocation to ensure on-time delivery of product and services.
•Ability to travel as domestically
•Capability to foresee and solve issues (products, people, system) before they become major problems.
•Ability to consistently perform with a positive attitude.
•Results-orientated with the ability to balance other business considerations.
•Ability to effectively delegate tasks to available resources and maximize results.
•BS Degree in business or an engineering related discipline.
•10+ years in Operations Management in a similar size company ($40-$100M)
•Experienced in managing a manufacturing operation across all functional areas (manufacturing, purchasing, planning, quality, inventory control, etc.) during a rapid growth phase
•Engineer-to-order company experience/ Hand built vs. Automated assembly techniques
•Excellent computer skills required with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Outlook™, Word™, Excel™, and PowerPoint™), and knowledge of ERP software and MS Project.
•Familiarity with ISO processes.
•Strong background in materials planning, production, test, lean, quality, HSE and Facilities