The successful Controls Engineer will:
- Specify, procure and complete projects to automate production processes, improve machine controls and install machine data reporting.
- Design new electrical controls systems and improve existing electrical controls systems.
- Assist in automation upgrades on existing equipment to improve process reliability and costs.
- Assist on projects from design to implementation, including defining project scope, determining required resources, establishing equipment specifications, providing system startup services, developing processes and executing validation protocols
- Work with representatives from operations, maintenance/facilities and quality engineering to support, design, develop and implement improvements to equipment and equipment controls.
- Introduce new sensors and controls and modify PLC programs or add PLCs to improve functionality of existing equipment.
- Introduce new mechanical systems to improve functionality of existing equipment.
- Ensure compliance/improvement of quality systems in manufacturing (i.e. ISO, QSR, GMP).
- Participate in new product development and process improvement projects as a core team member or core team leader.
Day To Day Responsibilities
- Collaborate with quality engineering to establish and execute equipment acceptance and validation protocols.
- Design and deploy sensors and PLCs as data collection systems on production process and utility equipment and link them to the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to report process and utility output, utilization, yield, and power consumption, and gather critical to quality process data to allow engineering and SPC analysis of operations.
- In concert with manufacturing engineers and electrical controls engineer, maintain a centralized library of updated versions of controls software for all process equipment.
- Document and archive all engineering changes such as PLC programs and electrical schematics.
- Recommend and implement changes to control hardware and software versions to keep systems current and supportable.
- Perform hands-on troubleshooting and process improvements in manufacturing operations.
- Use root cause analysis to eliminate process problems.
- Assist maintenance/facility department with troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Provide technical support for automated mechanical systems, electrical controls, and robots.
- Train engineers and technical support personnel as needed on controls and machine operation. Support operations with controls issues.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Experience in Project Management involving high-speed automation equipment introduction preferred.
- Experience with PLC manufacturers: Allen Bradley, Siemens, GE, Omron.
- Experience with robots used in pick and place applications, including programming robot moves, instructing positions, and troubleshooting problems.
- Experience programming and troubleshooting motions controls systems
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com