Reporting to the Quality Manager, the QE directs activities focused on the application and maintenance of quality standards. The QE shall be focused all activities revolving around the disciplines of the QMS that must ensure shipped products meet all customer requirements. The QE shall be the first line of customer service, facilitate the corrective action process across multiple disciplines, and act as quality management in the APQP process for new product launches.
- Strong allegiance to good manufacturing practices and process discipline.
- Represent quality as a Natural Team member for daily APU meetings on the shop floor.
- Responsible for executing the APQP tasks as required by the AIAG manual, and adhering to the timeline set forth by corporate program management.
- Strong familiarity with Quality requirements and expectations from a diverse blend of mfg customers.
- Comprehensive understanding of the latest standards and comfortable with bi-annual third party audits.
- Act as resident expert of customer web portals and scorecard performance metrics.
- Work closely with third party liaisons at customer locations to quickly identify customer concerns and implement quick corrections.
- Create and maintain quality documents, such as PFMEA’s, Control Plans, Process Flowcharts, Gage Use Instructions, and other document in an “Audit Ready” condition throughout the life cycle of the program.
- Review rejected material from the customer & rapidly develop interim containment actions to project future shipments.
- Confident experience with SPC and the tools for rapid data analysis, such as Minitab and InfinityQS software.
- Ability to travel to customer sites to assist in new product launches and assist in troubleshooting. Travel time can be up to 15% (mostly domestic) during product launches. Traveling to other co. Sites within North America for training is also routine.
- Provide direction for hourly personnel in gathering information and disseminating throughout the organization and to customers.
- Participate in cross-functional problem solving teams using KT style Analytic Troubleshooting Concepts.
- Develops shop floor standards and methods for part inspection based on customer requirements.
- Creates and executes Gage R&R studies, and assists in the facilitation of product capability studies on new and current programs.
- Familiar with equipment calibration methods traceable to NIST standards.
- Acts as ambassador for controlling non conforming material and assists in the assignment of disposition.
- Writes training material and conducts training to all levels of the organization on a routine basis.
Ability to review customer prints and understand GD&T basics.
BS in Engineering or equivalent experience.
To apply for this job email your details to Jay@vantagepointrecruiting.com