Engineering Manager reports directly to the General Manager and is responsible for a small staff of engineers.
- Engineering solutions form customer specifications and requirements, providing analysis (quantitative and qualitative) of solutions, provide direction to Design Engineers for drafting and modeling design solution
- Writing supporting documentation, including but not limited to; Qualification Test Plans and Procedures, Acceptance Test Procedures, Dynamic and Static analysis, test and computation results
- Assignment of work to members of the Engineering Team via the job system.
- Closely monitoring the progress of approved programs and re-aligning resources as appropriate to maintain project deliverables
- All non-performance related issues on all designs
- Concept generation on new jobs as required
- Coordination of jobs and Design tasks with other departments
- Engineering department policy determinations
- Staffing level of the Engineering Department (hiring/firing)
- Training of new Engineering department employees
- Training requirement evaluation for existing employees
- Performance evaluations of Engineering Department personnel
- Departmental Budget concerns and tracking
- ISO 9001/AS9100 QMS compliance and update as required
- Generation and approval of Development Design standards and Lessons Learned
- Production support supervision and delegation
- Continuous Improvement of the Engineering Department
- Assigning and closing customer Corrective Action Requests assigned to the Engineering Dept.
- BS degree from an accredited Mechanical Engineering program
- Thorough knowledge of design, development and test engineering, manufacturing and assembly
- Aerospace experience
- Ability to manage multiple project assignments as well as identify and remove
To apply for this job email your details to Jay@vantagepointrecruiting.com