Responsible for researching, developing, implementing, and managing the company’s export compliance. Essential elements of this role include overseeing compliance operational activities, training, and metrics. Stay current on trade laws, update policies, systems, procedures and work flow accordingly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research import/export compliance regulations and maintain company’s Export Compliance Policies and Procedures.
- Implement internal processes & controls to meet U.S. Customs regulations.
- Initiate periodic audits and develop systems to measure import and export compliance.
- Ensure all operating systems, files and databases relevant to import/export activities are compliant.
- Modify business best practices and implement operational changes as appropriate.
- Monitor all import/export documentation & assure compliant to trade laws.
- Assist Sales and Shipping Departments with questions pertaining to trade issues to include export licensing and exceptions, embargo policy; re-export controls, taxes, and federal record keeping.
- Act in compliance to OFAC regulations and controls.
- Research, interpret and advise on questions concerning export shipments importation requirements at destination country.
- Provide day-to-day operational advice and reporting; and instruction on export-related matters.
- Acts in compliance to OFAC regulations and controls.
- Serve as compliance liaison for company and its legal team.
- Creates and provides annual compliance training throughout the business unit.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years experience in Export Compliance
- International business policy experience