Work with customers and commercial groups to design new molded fiber products that fit our manufacturing base. Engineer the associated tooling and ensure construction to specification. Troubleshoot and optimize the performance of the tooling in manufacturing.
- Work with commercial groups and Operations to develop new product concepts, using computer 3D design and modeling, tooling design, development, evaluation, and implementation. Provide cost estimation, purchasing, manufacturing support, sales support, and interface with marketing personnel.
- Must possess good spatial visualization ability. Candidate must intuitively understand 2D and 3D representations, and be proficient at visualizing and mentally manipulating them.
- Use Siemens NX software to design molded fiber products, tooling and associated mechanisms.
- Create and release engineering drawings allowing construction of parts by machine shops. Create assemblies and bill of materials for projects. Work in conjunction with suppliers to ensure construction of parts according to design, within budget and on schedule.
- Support startup of new products/lines/tooling on pilot and production machines.
- Develop and support product specifications.
- Assist in sampling and approving new materials.
- Individual must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to interact with Customers, Sales, Vendors, Quality, and Plant personnel to negotiate mutually amenable solutions.
- Utilize Continuous Improvement tools, to identify and correct issues related
- Understand the fundamentals of fiber molding process and materials. Apply knowledge to design and develop functional parts that can be made within processing perimeter limits.
- Prepare and present special reports to management, present project updates and provide frequent written communications.
- Individual must have good time management skills including but not limited to: organization, prioritizing, problem solving and multi-tasking.
The position shall also provide engineering services to the T&D molded fiber laboratory and pilot plant, T&D machine shop, including planning, contracting, or direct engineering of repairs and upgrades for pilot machinery and equipment, and infrastructure. .
Proficiency in 2D and 3D CAD software and Microsoft products is a minimum requirement; Siemens NX software skills would be ideal. Candidate must understand different tooling manufacturing processes sufficiently to specify best ways to manufacture complex shapes out of different materials. Experience in CAD/CAM (Mastercam preferred), CNC programming and the operation of CNC machines with Fanuc controls would be helpful. Familiarity with molded fiber equipment and tooling helpful. high mechanical aptitude, creative design ability, and analytical approach to problem solving. Good interpersonal and communication skills required.
Several years of experience in a tooling design and manufacturing. Preferred BS or AS degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience. Must have a strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to experiment and innovate.
To apply for this job email your details to Uli@vantagepointrecruiting.com