Our client is a highly regarded CPA group who values and invests in each employee. They work hard and provide superior service to their clients. At the same time, they strongly believe in and support work-life balance.
The ideal candidate will need to be a motivated, diligent, detail-oriented, and organized person.
- Lead and manage complex tax compliance engagements in accordance with firm and professional standards, within budget and deadline expectations
- Identify and respond to client issues in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner.
- Manage expectations effectively through clear and continuous communication with the client and/or other accountant
- Communicate advice and answer questions of other firm associates relating to clients’ accounting and tax situations
- Participate in and provide leadership for firm initiatives and projects
- Plan and schedule engagements with clients and firm resources
- Perform detailed reviews of tax work papers and provision calculations completed by other associates
- Consult with office personnel on unusual client tax problems; diagnose client needs and work to satisfy those needs
- Communicate proactively with clients and engagement partners regarding project status, client service opportunities, and other significant matters in a timely manner
- Review financial statements and footnotes, management reports, executive reports, and other requested deliverables
- Provide training, direction, and supervision to staff, senior accountants, and managers
- Proactively seek out new business opportunities by participating in various business development activities, and having a comprehensive understanding of services provided by the firm
- Requires a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA certification required in the respective state in which they are practicing
- Ability to review and analyze data and effectively present and communicate analysis;
- Demonstrated continuous learning approach, leadership, teamwork, accountability and self-motivated to succeed;
- Several years of experience in public accounting in a similar role
- Subject matter leader in similar accounting and/or tax services
- Management and/or mentoring experience with other staff members
- Experience making recommendations to management
- Prior public accounting experience required
To apply for this job email your details to Connect@vantagepointrecruiting.com