MaineDOT’s Free2000 system processes payroll for roughly 800 Crew Employees. The State of Maine is implementing a new HR/Payroll System (WorkDay) and Free2000 is not included in Phase 1. In order for Free2000 to process payroll it needs to interface with the new Enterprise system thru their existing APIs. We are looking for a web services architect to work with our development team to design, develop, and implement web services to access the required data when needed. The enterprise project is very aggressive and is scheduled to be in Production Jan 1, 20nt Experience: 5 years software development, testing, and project management
Preferred Education: 4 year college degree in computer science or related field with advanced study preferred. Role Description:
- Manages, organizes, and administers systems analysis and preparation of applications and operating systems programming to process data and solve problems by use of computers.
- Establishes priorities and schedules, and oversees and reviews work of systems analysis personnel and programming personnel.
- Reviews feasibility studies and time and cost estimates of new or revised systems.
- Assists in the development of standards, procedures, and operating systems applications.
- A combination of directly-related technical training and hands-on experience.
- Works with stakeholders and management to ensure projects are completed on time and according to organization standards.
- Consults with personnel in other information systems groups to coordinate activities.
- Consults with management to clarify systems and programs intent, identify problems, suggest changes, and determine extent of application systems changes required.
- Participates in developing a project plan and schedule with key milestones, contingency plans, workflow charts or diagrams, considering factors, such as resource requirements, computer storage capacity and speed, extent of peripheral equipment, and intended use of output data.
- Manages conversion of workflow charts to language that can be processed by computer and entering of program codes and test data into computer.
- Analyzes test runs on computer and supervises correction of coded program and input data.
- Manages the revision of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Compiles documentation of program development and subsequent revisions.
- Trains subordinates in systems analysis, feasibility studies, programming, and program coding.
- Prescribes standards for terms and symbols used to simplify interpretation of programs.
- Collaborates with computer manufacturers and other users to develop new programming methods.
- Prepares records and reports.
Applies specialized knowledge to conceptualize, design, develop, unit-test, configure, and implement web services in our Free2000 application to interface with the State of Maine Enterprise HR/Payroll System (WorkDay) APIs.
Interacts with the Client and project roles (e.g., Project Manager, Business Analyst, Data Engineer) as required, to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and organizational strategic direction.
Defines scope, plans, and deliverables for assigned components
Understands and uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify, and resolve business and or technical problems
Prepares system documentation. Conforms to security and quality standards
Linux / Unix
ASP.Net Web API