Manages, coordinates and oversees all activities involved in ensuring a satisfactory customer experience and customer service relations from order entry through the fulfillment and shipment of the customer order. Responsible for order entry, acquisition of materials, outside services, customer communications and status updates, shipping documents and the on-time shipment and delivery of customer parts. Manages, supervises and directs the day-to-day work priorities of assigned personnel in support of the manufacturing of customer products. Responsible for the overall staff performance. Evaluates employee performance, coordinates and ensures training, conducts performance reviews, recommends merit and disciplinary actions of all assigned personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and directs the day-to-day work priorities of all assigned departments and/or cells and personnel
- Coordinates and attends production meetings with internal Company departments and outside Customers and vendors
- Oversees and manages the purchasing and delivery of raw materials, assembly details to ensure on-time delivery and cost control of customer parts
- Negotiates pricing for raw materials, shipping/transportation needs and outside services
- Negotiates, coordinates and manages outside supplier/vendor services in support of the manufacturing of customer parts
- Monitors performance of suppliers/vendors and recommends new suppliers and/or vendors as needed
- Responsible for and oversees communications between internal staff with customers and suppliers/vendors
- Manages Shipping & Receiving functions and ensures customer parts are shipped on-time and packaged in accordance with customer instructions
- Manages the Delivery Driver functions to ensure the timely and safe delivery of parts and materials to and from customers and suppliers/vendors
- Manages the Document Control functions
- Ensures the training, cross-training and/or retraining of new or incumbent personnel
- Seeks to reduce costs and increase efficiency, productivity and safety to ensure a sustainable competitive business advantage
- Seeks to ensure customer satisfaction through positive communications
- Responsible for ensuring the overall health, welfare and safety of team
- Evaluates and conducts written performance reviews, recommends merit and disciplinary actions and compensation reviews for assigned team
- Conforms to and operates within the framework of all applicable SOPs, quality, safety and ISO procedures.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
- Previous success in performing essential duties above.
- Bachelors degree in business management, supply chain management or a similar field and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Several years direct supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior work experience involving purchasing, negotiating outside services and customer service needed.
- Proficiency with the use of the Microsoft Office suite.