Experienced with product lifecycle management and design. This role will largely be focused on product lifecycle management with some design components. Seeking an innovative, results-driven engineer with business acumen who is accustomed to thriving in a fast-paced team environment.
This role comes with ample opportunity to develop, grow, and advance within the organization.
Responsibilities, Sr. Engineer, Product Design
- Product Life cycle manage products through maintenance, enhancement, and value engineering.
- Lead Engineering Change (EC) functions. Develop and maintain design documentation, drawings, BOM’s, test data, technical manuals, and all other related technical product documentation.
- Ability to projects completely independently, accustomed and adept at interfacing with multiple departments, management, sales, marketing, purchasing, accounting and other engineering departments to meet project deadlines
- Ability to juggle new projects, resolve field issues, enhance existing lines, develop effective work plans, while delivering high quality expeditiously.
- Current design work includes enhancing current designs or expanding them and adding features to current projects at time, including enhancing designs, incorporating new capital equipment. Future includes new product development.
- Lead or support product and labor cost reduction initiatives in support of annual corporate cost reduction goals.
- Work closely with Quality department to develop Cause and Corrective Action plans for product related quality issues.
- Develop and enhance work systems and processes within the Product Engineering department to reduce lead-times on projects and improve quality of results.
- Primary point of technical product support to internal and external customers.
- Some design work required, primary focus is product lifecyle management
- BS in engineering. Advanced degree in engineering or management a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in an engineering position of comparable responsibility.
- Superior ability to achieve anticipated results in a fast-paced environment. Ability to plan, prioritize, make commitments, and manage several concurrent projects through to completion in a timely fashion.
- Proven ability to lead continuous cost reduction projects and achieve targeted goals.
To apply for this job email your details to Jay@vantagepointrecruiting.com