This position supports internal client hardware and software for location. Primary responsibilities will include resolving hardware and software issues; installation, patching and maintenance of desktop and laptop software; problem resolution, off-hours support, procurement of hardware, software and other IT related equipment.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in support of Windows XP, Win 7 and Windows 10 operating systems in addition to Office 2007, Office 365 and Office 2016. A demonstrated understanding of Active Directory, VPN, and SCCM is essential. Experience with SAP, MS Sharepoint, MS Office 2007/2010, McAfee, VMware, Rockwell and Honeywell Experion systems is desired. A demonstrated understanding of Cyber Security and applicable standards.
Superior written and verbal communication skills coupled with organizational and problem-solving skills are essential. Must be a team player with the ability to assist, provide direction, support and guidance to others. Expectations would be department core hours as well as participation in the department on-call rotation which includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Analyzes information to develop alternative solutions involving complex problems. Interprets guidelines to make decisions, makes recommendations for decisions outside of guidelines.
- Participate in the development of proposals and plans. Participates in the planning of resource requirements. Executes and maintains plans.
- Interprets and implements policies/procedures to achieve business results. Makes recommendations for the development of new procedures.
- Develops time estimates for assigned tasks, report progress against plan. General direction, errors may cause delay, expense and/or disruption.
- Provide guidance to others, may lead small project teams, and provide quality assurance support.
- Frequent contact across the organization and with outside customers. Represents the organization in providing solutions to complex issues associated with specific projects.
- Involved in hardware and software repairs and upgrades, creating new systems, analyzing, testing and assessing software and/or other technical changes to meet operational requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with demonstrated ability