Summary of Position
The Senior Business Analyst will serve as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Responsible for defining detailed requirements, analyzing business needs, and validating program solutions with the client. This role will work with a cross functional team across product management, customer success, operations, and development to deliver high quality products to our customers.
- Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization’s systems and capabilities.
- Analyzes business partners’ operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses and identify opportunities for automating processes and functions.
- Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications.
- Designs the user interface for web applications.
- Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business.
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to recommend solutions that enhance the enterprise’s competitive edge.
- May make recommendations for buy versus build decision.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, (or similar);
or equivalent work experience required
- 5 to 7 years of relevant technical or business work experience
- com administration experience required.
- ERP, CRM or other exterprise level software platform experience
- Agile experience is a plus