The Software Engineer will develop and maintain electrical control systems and components. Key contributing member of the development team, developing new product, writing code and testing it, ensuring specifications are met and that the end product is of the highest quality.
The ideal candidate will have experience with firmware, electronic devices and/or embedded systems.
- Create design documents, specifications, PCB layouts, block diagrams, as well as develop and test code.
- Collaborate with development team to achieve project results
- convert scientific and engineering data into workable models.
- Continue to improve performance of source code using industry standards & methodologies.
- Provide support for investigating and debugging production issues.
- Recommend new development strategies and procure improvements to the development team
- Perform unit testing, ensuring programs meet stated business objectives prior to hand off to QA.
- Help drive technology direction and choices of technologies by making recommendations based on experience and research.
- Bachelor’s degree with several years of related experience and/or training.
- Proficiency in C programming language
- Working knowledge of Visual Basic
- Experience with embedded systems and PCB layouts
- BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Hardware knowledge