The Sr Developer will lead the development team in an enterprise level software modernization/replacement project. Working with a remote team.
8+ month contract
- Convert scientific, engineering, and other technical problem formulations to formats that can be processed by computer.
- Apply code enhancements and/or required fixes to production problems using the functional and technical programming standards.
- Test equipment and development programs
- Participate in structured code reviews
- Utilize deep modeling, design and coding skills
- Provide expertise in database environments
- Engage in continuous process improvement practices
- Anticipate, identify, track and resolve issues and risks affecting own work and work of the Application Team. Develop contingency plans as necessary.
- Utilize tools for configurations management, design, debugging, and software code management necessary to create, test and implement an application
- Support installation of application releases into production
- Provide accurate and useful status updates
Skills and Experience:
- 4 year college degree or equivalent technical study
- Proficient in Java, Spring Framework and web programming
- Proven track record in hands-on technical design and code work within large complex systems
- Proven hands-on technical expertise integrating diverse technical environments and cross-platform technologies
- Ability to make best practice recommendations based on past experience
- Proven ability to present complex technical contructs to business and non-technical users
- Proven ability to collaborate with business users, project managers and technical architects
To apply for this job email your details to Jay@vantagepointrecruiting.com