Responsible for establishing product quality programs for new and existing products for a Tier One Automotive supplier plant, which include customers such as Ford, GM, Chrysler, Nissan, PACCAR, and Honda. Monitors and controls quality costs and provides leadership in the implementation of corrective actions for long and short term quality requirements and quality cost related programs. Represents the company in customer relationships regarding quality to ensure proactive and responsible positive resolutions. The quality manager acts as the “front line” with the customer at times, and must maintain composure during stressful situations
- Analyzes, evaluates and presents information concerning factors such as business situations, production capabilities, manufacturing problems, economic trends, and design and development of new products for consideration by other members of management team.
- Shall act as the Quality Management Representative with authority for ensuring that a quality system is established, implemented and maintained in accordance with the IATF 16949 Automotive Standard, and reporting on the performance of the quality systems to management for review and as a basis for improvement of the quality system.
- Act as the facilitator for collecting documented evidence of root cause & corrective action from various support groups and maintain documentation in an “audit ready” condition.
- Convene the IATF 16949 Management quality System Review at least annually and comply with requirements per the quality Systems, Management review procedure.
- Oversees quality auditors engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, products and procedures.
- Assist Natural Teams assigned to the work cell with the Short Loop process to identify gaps in standards on shop floor.
- Participate in the daily plant GEMBA walk and QRQC Fast Response meeting, and be prepared to report assigned actions to the team.
- Travel required on a moderately frequent basis to customer assembly plants, vendors, and training opportunities.
- Work with myriad of automotive customer portals to provide APQP documentation per required timelines, as well as monitor customer scorecard performance.
- Participate in weekly Product Design Team meetings to track deliverables for new product launches.
- Investigates and documents customer complaints regarding quality. Assures immediate and long term corrective actions are effectively implemented.
- Responsible for quoting finish gages for new programs & validates gages meet print requirements. Maintains gauge calibration of all active gauges per schedule with a 3rd party vendor.
- Assist in the coordination of supplier development functions, assuring suppliers comply with requirements related to quality parts and systems.
- Review quality problems and procedures of departments and recommends solutions to problems or changes in procedures.
- Directs Quality Engineers responsible for Advanced Quality Planning and all elements of product quality definitions.
- Participates in monthly operations review meeting with top management and report on status of quality related KPIs.
- Provide training to new hires on the principles of “Quality at the Source” and Fit, Form, and Function.
Supervisory responsibilities- Quality Manager has direct supervisory responsibility to salaried Quality Engineers and hourly technicians. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Quality Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. The successful candidate shall act as a leader by establishing clear, succinct goals for the team, and provide positive feedback on a consistent basis
BS in an engineering/technical discipline preferred with a minimum of ten (10) years experience in a manufacturing environment. Strong math background – statistics, geometry + trig. Strong analytical troubleshooting ability (root cause)
To apply for this job email your details to Jay@vantagepointrecruiting.com