- Act as a self starter and information seeker.
- Strong allegiance to good manufacturing practices and process discipline.
- Represent quality as a Natural Team member for daily APU meetings on the shop floor.
- Responsible for executing the APQP tasks as required by the AIAG manual, and adhering to the timeline set forth by corporate program management.
- Strong familiarity with automotive requirements and expectations from a diverse blend of automotive customers.
- Comprehensive understanding of the IATF 16949 standard and comfortable with bi-annual third party audits.
- Act as resident expert of customer web portals and scorecard performance metrics.
- Work closely with third party liaisons at customer locations to quickly identify customer concerns and implement quick corrections.
- Create and maintain quality documents, such as PFMEA’s, Control Plans, Process Flowcharts, Gage Use Instructions, and other document in an “Audit Ready” condition throughout the life cycle of the program.
- Review rejected material from the customer & rapidly develop interim containment actions to project future shipments.
- Confident experience with SPC and the tools for rapid data analysis, such as Minitab and InfinityQS software.
- Ability to travel to customer sites to assist in new product launches and assist in troubleshooting. Travel time can be up to 15% (mostly domestic) during product launches. Traveling to other Sites within North America for training is also routine.
- Provide direction for hourly personnel in gathering information and disseminating throughout the organization and to customers.
- Participate in cross-functional problem solving teams using KT style Analytic Troubleshooting Concepts.
- Develops shop floor standards and methods for part inspection based on customer requirements.
- Creates and executes Gage R&R studies, and assists in the facilitation of product capability studies on new and current programs.
- Familiar with equipment calibration methods traceable to NIST standards.
- Acts as ambassador for controlling non conforming material and assists in the assignment of disposition.
- Writes training material and conducts training to all levels of the organization on a routine basis.
- Ability to review customer prints and understand GD&T basics.
- BS in Engineering or related discipline, along with several years of industry experience.
- Clear and succinct technical writing skills required.
- Experience with writing engineering reports. Ability to speak clearly with all levels of the organization, and address sensitive customer concerns with tactfulness.
- SPC and GD+T skills a plus