Our client is a global leader in mammalian genetics and human genomics research.
Position is responsible for managing capital projects from programming through close-out, with primary focus on renovations and new construction across our four campuses with budgets ranging from $20k – $20M. Projects will include vivarium, wet labs, dry labs, office workspaces, industrial buildings, site improvements, and other campus-wide projects located on any of our sites across the U.S. The successful candidate will develop project needs with clients and stakeholders and oversee designers, engineers, contractors, and other resources to assure successful delivery and closeout of each project.
Key Responsibilities In addition to the preparation of plans, specifications, and estimates for proposed projects, general duties include performing client programming and scope development; selection and management of professional design teams; project bidding and procurement; management of project documentation, schedule, and project cost accounting; review of building systems and construction details designed by others; and on-site inspections to assure construction is in compliance with plans and specifications. The Institution has a reputation as being one of the leaders in mammalian genetics and human genomics. Combine that reputation and history of success with access to cutting edge technologies, vast internal knowledge, and access to collaborators all over the world.
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture; Architectural Engineering; Civil, Structural, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Knowledge and experience in the planning, design and construction of lab spaces is strongly desired.
• Experience in the development and delivery of capital projects in institutional setting, including building renovations, new construction, and infrastructure improvements, from programming through construction and project close-out preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in the design of new and renovation of existing buildings, including building systems, design processes, and multiple methods of project
• Knowledge, experience, and a successful track record in managing capital projects and project delivery under budget and on
• Ability to self-organize, prioritize, and schedule work assignments through organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
• Need for occasional travel
• Demonstrated skill in the use of computers and related software (Windows based environment, AutoCAD, MS Office group, MS Project or Primavera, e-Builder,)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org