The Product Manager for our client, a medical device/biotech manufacturer, is responsible for the company’s product lines with direct oversight of the business’ current and future product and service offering, and market expansion. Activities include portfolio management, segmentation strategy, brand management, communications, and thought leadership. This position ensures that budgets, timelines and performance objectives are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Champion the Voice of Customer.
- Develop one, three, and five-year product roadmaps.
- Create business cases with supporting financial models for portfolio growth initiatives.
- Develop product marketing strategy and provide input into the annual Marketing Budget.
- Execute successful product launches while meeting timeline and budget targets.
- Working with MarCom, monitor, evaluate and report on all marketing activity, assessing impact across revenue, share growth, ROI and equity metrics.
- Ensure internal stakeholders receive information necessary to meet their goals.
- Analyze key market drivers and perform market analysis, including market size, market share, channel performance and competitive environment.
- Monitor the performance of the product portfolio throughout the product lifecycle, identifying market gaps and product/ service enhancements.
- Employ formal and informal market research to monitor, identify and interpret changing customer attitudes, demands and unmet needs for global diagnostic products and services.
- Working with Technical Product Management, drive New Product Development interfacing with R&D, Manufacturing, Quality and Sales while maintaining launch timelines.
- Develop segmentation strategies via a strong program of insight and understanding, and feed this insight into strategic planning and impactful go-to-market strategies including product positioning, key benefits and target customers.
- Support the business’ growth with product and service offerings outside of its core lines.
- Lead the systematic planning, development and delivery of robust marketing strategies that align to the Business Plan and support the business’ efforts to meet revenue and EBIDTA financial targets.
- Engage with Sales, Business Development and Business Unit leads to align marketing activities in support of both existing business and growth plans across all customer and market segments.
- Provide input into corporate strategy development, including M&A activity.
- Use customer insights to inform and develop compelling communication strategies.
- Define and validate a value proposition and messaging framework, informed by best-practice, to promote market development and support sales efforts.
- Work with Marketing Communications to leverage segmentation strategies for content development and implementation of tactical marketing activities supporting current products and new product launches meeting financial goals.
- Develop, and work with MarCom, to implement a comprehensive digital equity strategy for the business, in areas including social media, SEO, PPC, e-Blasts and integrated digital and traditional marketing tools.
- Develop tools and techniques to support indirect sales with manufacturers and/or distribution channels.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated ability to navigate quickly across complex strategic, commercial and regulatory terrain and make well-reasoned decisions.
- Highly effective analytical and financial skills, with a demonstrated ability to prepare business cases and support them with financial justification.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex product portfolios and product lifecycles.
- Demonstrated ability in marketing planning and execution, with outstanding commercial and marketing literacy and a track-record of developing business cases and delivering on them.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills, with effective meeting and presentation skills.
- Sound creative judgement, including the ability to write compelling, relevant and distinctive briefs for use inside and outside the business.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others, including managing complex projects and directing activities of multidisciplinary teams.
- Narrative / storytelling ability to inspire and excite others around key recommendations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related scientific discipline. MBA preferred.
- Product and/or portfolio management, including marketing strategy development experience.
- History of successful product launches.