The position is responsible for developing strategies and best practices for all bonding related processes, including, but not limited to, surface prep, benching, bond layup, cure, and deflash.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- Oversee surface prep, benching, bonding, and deflash operations.
- *Evaluate and improve manufacturing methods utilizing knowledge of the technical definition, manufacturing process, tooling, production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality standards.
- *Develop, write, and validate procedures and work instructions while taking into consideration the operators, the process data, and the customer requirements.
- *Coordinate new equipment introduction, implementation, and debug in the bonding area (e.g. autoclaves, ovens, de-flash tooling, bonding fixtures, etc.).
- Create and modify recipes or programs for processes associated with the previously mentioned machines.
- Interact with French counterparts to report on process improvement or development activities
- Oversee bonding activities that are outsourced to subcontractors (custom vacuum bags, kit creation, laboratory testing, etc.)
- Support all nonconformity activities associated with the bonding processes, including, but not limited to, raw material issues and process anomalies.
- Propose and develop reworks and repairs to fix anomalies detected during the manufacturing process.
- *Analyze manufacturing data to assess capability and determine opportunities for process improvements.
- Confer with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to support production processes.
- Requires the ability to comply with documented standards.
- Required to comply with all OSHA and EPA regulations related to these operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials, Composites, Aerospace, Mechanical engineering or equivalent required
- Majority of time to be spent on the production floor working with equipment, processes and manufacturing employees
- Intermediate Level – Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Experience with lean manufacturing and/or 6 Sigma techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge in a wide range of composite and adhesive materials and processes.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of and compliance with AS9100C or ISO9001 standards
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team player when required
- No less than 2 years of experience or a Master’s degree in engineering preferred.