Summary: The Process Engineer develops and documents highly refined manufacturing techniques, materials, tools and processes related to back-end semiconductor assembly. Investigates, analyzes, and implements techniques to solve complex problems, enhance equipment performance, overall product yield and process flows.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
- Establishes and maintains high yielding, cost effective processes based on product need and customer requirements.
- Serves as a mentor to less experienced engineers and technicians, ensuring sound engineering approaches and problem solving methodologies are utilized.
- Continuously explores opportunities for cost and cycle time reductions.
- Sources and recommends tooling and equipment that is congruent with company’s production and financial needs.
- In-depth knowledge of MIL-PRF-38535, MIL-STD-883, ISO9001 and EIA/JEDEC and standards.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments in equipment capabilities, manufacturing and design technologies.
- Collects, maintains, and interprets data for Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Develops, executes, and analyzes Design of Experiments (DOE) for process optimization utilizing appropriate statistical analysis software, such as JMP, Minitab, Excel Statistics, or equivalent.
- Establishes processes based on equipment and product specifications.
- Evaluates and validates process and design alternatives based on product manufacturability.
- Understands principles of cost of goods sold and develops process improvements to increase cost effectiveness of manufacturing.
- Understands Intellectual property issues relative to processes being developed.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Can present yield and manufacturing indices to corporate level management.
- Extensive working knowledge of 5S practices, 8D problem solving, and lean manufacturing principles.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
- Several years of semiconductor assembly experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com