The Network Engineer is a key member to our client’s IT staff. They ensure the stability and integrity of the network infrastructure.
- Configure and maintain network hardware and software, including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, and other network peripherals.
- Analyze design and performance of entire network and make required changes to design of network architecture to meet the needs of the business.
- Optimize performance of all network equipment.
- Manage and maintain point to point VPNs, site-to-site connectivity, and Internet connectivity.
- Manage LAN and WAN infrastructure, static and dynamic routing, and other network technologies including VoIP, VPNs, VLANs, QoS, NAT, and BGP.
- Evaluate network equipment requirements and capabilities and make recommendations.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of all network equipment and static IP information.
- Manage firmware and software updates for all network equipment.
- Conduct network traffic capture and analysis as needed.
- Restore network services after system failures including troubleshooting root cause and taking corrective actions.
- Establish network access and security controls.
- Monitor and maintain network stability, collect and analyze network and memory utilization, and install and test software upgrades.
- Backup network device configurations.
- Coordinate third-party maintenance for network hardware, software, and telecommunications services.
- Stay abreast of trends and developments in technology, particularly related to the company business.
- Able and willing to maintain documentation of network configuration and cabling layouts.
- Enjoy teaching and helping others use technology to enhance their productivity
- Reliable, friendly, high degree of ethics and well-organized
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred. Will consider Associated degree. Computer Science or Information Technology focus, preferred
- Certifications valued
- Working knowledge of network protocols: e.g. TCP/IP, internet standards (NAT, DNS, BGP, MPLS, IPSEC and VPN)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org