Vantage Point has partnered with a prominent engineering firm seeking a Mechanical Engineer:
As a member of a multidisciplinary engineering team, you will evaluate, recommend and develop specifications in compliance with applicable codes and standards for engineered systems and products.
- Fluid system design, including Process Flow/Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams and associated calculation development
- Development of equipment sizing and specifications.
- Development of plant layout, piping and equipment arrangements.
- Development of Conceptual and Detailed Designs, Feasibility Studies and Front End Engineering Studies.
- Coordination and review of project vendor drawings.
- Work independently in the field to determine as-built conditions and design new project work in a plant retrofit environment
- Perform work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with some complex features for which there may or may not be precedents.
- Collaborates on unusual technical or complex problems and receives supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects.
- Performs assignments designed to develop project work, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Leads projects independently or with minor assistance and advice from discipline manager.
- Spending up to 10% of your time in power plants or industrial facilities working in the field.
- Possess a working knowledge of Industry standards and Mechanical Engineering design principles
- Ability to develop P&ID drawings + develop Equipment Specifications
- Ability to provide input and perform, review of general arrangements, isometrics and orthographic drawings
- Ability to prepare and update various mechanical schedules, prepare heat and water balances
- Ability to work closely with designers to develop construction documents + within Interdisciplinary project teams
- Ability to utilize CAD software
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in industrial stuctures and design