Connecting professionals with savvy business leaders to achieve lofty goals
An automation company specializing in custom automation machinery is looking for a design engineer.
The individual we are seeking must enjoy handling multiple projects, in different phases, at the same time. The company needs a hands-on, aggressive individual that is self-motivated. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to experience a multitude of different industries and experiences in a growing and dynamically explosive field.
Design clean-sheet automation systems from concept through production.
- Translate Customer’s Requirement into Design Specification, Evaluate Design Feasibility and Provide Technical Expertise to Meet Customer’s Request
- Create Innovative Design Solutions, using SolidWorks
- Keep Designs Simple and Cost-Effective
- Perform Design Reviews with Customer
- Create Detailed Drawings of Fabricated Parts (Material Selection, Finishes, Quantity, Etc).
- Create and Review Detailed Bill of Materials for Accuracy (Quantities, Part #’s, Etc.)
- Alert Purchasing of Long-Lead Items
- Manage Design Projects
- Update and Revise Drawings As Required
- Identify Potential Recognize High-Risk Areas During Initial Quoting Process
- Provide Support to Operations During Build, Test & Evaluation
- Stay Up to Date with Leading Edge Technology
- Assist with Sales Calls
- Participate in Design Schedule Development and Internal Review Meetings
- 6-10 Years Experience in Turnkey Automation Preferred
- Knowledge in Properties of Materials and Mechanical Properties of Materials
- Knowledge in Mechanical Hardware and Components
- Good Knowledge of Layout, Machining, & Assembly
- Excellent Project Management and Analytical Skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, etc)
- Must be a Team Player
- Must have Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Must be Responsible, Self-Driven, Self-Motivated, and Able to Work Independently
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Design Preferred
- Equivalent Experience