Responsibilities including new product development, as well as maintaining, enhancing, and cost reducing the company’s various product offerings. The applicant must be a hands-on, results-driven, self-starter who can thrive in a fast paced team environment.
Primary Responsibilities in Year 1:
- Scrub existing standard product models and drawings following a documented procedure to enable a clean migration of these files into a Product Data Management system
Future Responsibilities Include the Following:
- A contributing team member in developing innovative new products that leverage Co’s strengths. Work effectively with cross functional teams including Marketing, Manufacturing, and Materials Management.
- Assist in the dvpt and execution of prototyping and testing to qualify new concept designs.
- Maintain technical product data including CAD models, drawings, BOM’s, and product information and installation manuals.
- Process Engineering Changes. Maintain and improve design documentation, drawings, BOM’s, test data, technical manuals, and all other related technical product documentation.
- Lead or support product cost reduction initiatives in support of annual goals.
- Work closely with Quality to develop cause and corrective action plans for product related quality issues.
- Enhance work systems and processes within the Product Engineering department to reduce lead-times on projects and improve quality of results.
- Provide technical product support to internal and external customers.
Ideal candidate will have many of these qualifications/skills:
- Associates Degree in Engineering Technology or Drafting with 5 plus years of product design experience, or a 4-year engineering degree
- proficiency in 3D Modeling;
- High level of proficiency in properly developing dimensions and tolerances on drawings. Proven ability to successfully manage multiple on-going projects at all times. Able to successfully plan, prioritize, and deliver high quality results on-time.
- Basic familiarity with metal and plastic manufacturing techniques including bending, forming, stamping, welding, casting, injection molding, extruding, blow-molding, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in prototyping, testing, and generating reports.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, strong communication and problem solving skills.
- A collaborative approach to working with other functional groups. Willingness for occasional, short duration travel.