Long term contract, ~1year. Location will start remote but shift to a hybrid, onsite (Augusta, ME)/remote
This position will work collaboratively to increase the quality in all aspects of the clients systems.
Your Duties will include:
- You will help create, socialize, and coach standards and processes for the purpose of increasing quality in our applications.
- You will help identify architecture needs and design solutions which will help inform strategic direction by making recommendations and highlighting tradeoffs.
- You will help more junior members of the team through code review, mentoring, Pair programming, Mob programming, Software Craftmanship.
- You will be instrumental in remediating and refactoring current deficiencies (technical debt) in our code base.
Your experience should include:
- Application Modernization. Experience breaking monolithic systems into distributed services architecture
- Understand and are conversant in software architecture and patterns of software architecture.
- Expert level experience in Microsoft Technologies e.g. .Net Framework v4.0 or above, C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, Web API, MVC, Entity Framework
- Experience with SOA/REST Services/Web API/Microservices
- Experience with Cloud Technologies e.g. Azure or AWS ecosystems
- Experience as a Technical Coach, embedding quality into teams’ work
- Experience in embedding Agile Testing practices including ATDD/BDD/TDD.
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Delivery and other DevOps practices
- You have taken a hands-on approach in embedding practices. That is, you should still be able to code
- Proven experience as a Team Coach including Product Management, Delivery areas, and Supporting IT roles
- Proven experience transforming teams to Agile / Scrum / XP from waterfall or other methodologies
- Proven leadership experience in IT delivery, building and sustaining high performing teams
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Excellent Communication and Partnership skills
- Relevant industry certifications
- You hold yourself accountable for delivering quality results
- You work well with teams and enjoy helping those around you improve
- You have a growth mindset
- You thoroughly understand and can demonstrate the value of software craftmanship
- You are willing and open to trying new solutions
- You have a proven ability to manage technical debt
- You are able to influence people around you i.e. you’re a team player
- You have the ability to work through conflict both with team members and customers
- You have Critical Thinking skills and use various techniques for problem solving
To Apply, please send resume & cover letter to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com