This is a direct hire position with our client, a professional services firm located in downtown. Recipients of the Best Places to Work for many consecutive years.
The IT Specialist is a critical role to their internal staff, supporting applications, communication devices and network to achieve maximum efficiency.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide end user technical support
- Perform installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of end user hardware, software and peripheral devices.
- Provide training to new users as well as updates and refresher training to existing users.
- Maintain an organized and updated inventory of the firm’s IT equipment.
- Maintain, support and troubleshoot the Citrix server environment, and assist the MSP with maintaining, supporting and troubleshooting Windows, Active Directory, and VMware servers.
- Communicate directly with industry specific software vendors to ensure technical specifications are met and updates are completed within the established timeline.
- Partner with vendors to educate and roll out new products and services to end users.
- Identify, learn and develop expertise in all software applications and hardware utilized by the firm.
- Coordinate efforts and communicate with the firm’s offsite technology vendors to include IT MSP, ISP, VoIP/mobile phones, video/teleconference, printers, and other related providers to understand service offerings and make recommendations.
- Conduct initial employee cyber security training, ensure compliance with best practices and facilitate ongoing training through the firm’s MSP.
- Look for and implement efficiency and process improvement in IT services and functionality.
- Schedule, communicate and coordinate any work that will cause downtime to users.
Skills & Experience you will have:
- Self-starter and able to effectively triage and determine prioritization of issues.
- High degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time, establish priorities, meet deadlines and juggle multiple tasks in a fast–paced environment.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite – Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to quickly assess urgency/business impact to prioritize and respond to issues appropriately.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot problems and provide solutions.
- Proven track record of supporting/maintaining integrity of IT infrastructure.
- Intellectually curious mindset to enhance the firm’s use of its information systems.
- Excellent and effective interpersonal and customer service skills
- Keen attention to detail and highly organized.
- Superior follow up and follow through skills in order to ensure a productive work environment, both internally with staff and externally with service providers.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com