Together with the firm’s Managed Services Provider, the IT Systems Support Specialist will provide quality and professional desktop, laptop, mobile device, network and applications support to the firm’s end users.
- Perform installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices
- Provide end users with technical support.
- Provide training to new users as well as updates and refresher training to existing users
- Maintain an organized and updated inventory of the firm’s IT equipment
- Communicate directly with industry specific software vendors to ensure technical specifications and updates are understood and timelines met.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the firm.
- Coordinate efforts and communicate with the firm’s offsite technology vendors to include IT MSP, ISP, VoIP/mobile phones, video/teleconference, printers, and other related providers to understand service offerings and make recommendations.
- Partner with vendors to educate and roll out new products and services to end users.
- Conduct initial employee cyber security training and facilitate ongoing training through the firm’s MSP.
- Look for and implement efficiency and process improvement in IT services and functionality
- Schedule, communicate and coordinate any work that will cause downtime to users.
- Assist MSP with disaster recovery and business continuity plans and tests.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot problems and provide solutions.
- Proven track record of supporting/maintaining integrity of IT infrastructure
- Experience in professional services industry preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Self-starter and able to effectively triage issues to determine if escalation is required
- High degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time, establish priorities, meet deadlines and juggle multiple tasks in a fast–paced environment
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite – Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ability to quickly assess urgency/business impact to prioritize and respond to issues appropriately.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems in a self-reliant, proactive and resourceful manner
- Excellent and effective interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must have keen attention to detail and be highly organized.
- Superior follow up and follow through skills in order to ensure a productive work environment, both internally with staff and externally with service providers.
- Exhibit an intellectual curious mindset to enhance the firm’s use of its information systems.
- Ability to work beyond standard office hours, as necessary