Manage Engineering Department of engineers and technicians. Assist in overall direction, coordination and development of the engineering group.
Provide strategic engineering leadership
Drive exceptional engineering response for problem resolution, corrective and preventive action and process improvement
Lead, coach, and performance management of the Engineering Department
Accountable for identifying best practices and industry standards for: Manufacturing Engineering; Equipment Design and Development; and assisting Maintenance Programs
Assist in proactive programs to raise standards in areas of: Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM); Control plans for equipment and facility failures; Emergency response planning; Safety and machine guarding
Education & Experience:
– Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Engineering. Prefer a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related fields.
– Ten or more years’ experience in Manufacturing Engineering or Design Engineering with at least five years direct experience in providing engineering support to production.
– Exposure to Lean, Six Sigma and TPM desirable. Green or Black belt training or certification a plus.
– Prior experience managing equipment design and development as relates to high speed manufacturing processes, automation, fixtures, set-up reduction. Experience with a mix of in-house development and contract management preferred.
– Demonstrated knowledge of cGMP’s and FDA regulations as pertains to process engineering preferable
– Demonstrated strong negotiation and strategic planning skills
– Demonstrated ability in leading programs at both the local and global level