The Electrical Engineer will design and/or modify the design of product and equipment to specification.
What you’ll be doing:
- Engineer and design new products and/or modifications to existing products from a set of written specifications, following established professional practices and procedures for electrical engineering
- Establish and maintain company electrical design standards and policies.
- Perform design calculations to insure proper function and safety of specialized machinery
- Support internal departments and external customers by providing technical expertise, as required
- Define, direct, and perform inspection and testing on manufactured machines as part of product development or analysis, as well as failure analysis
- Ensure design compliance to applicable specifications, codes, and established safety requirements
- Optimize use of CAD to minimize errors and interferences in design, and to control costs
- Provide consulting support to others within the design engineering group to ensure efficient utilization of the existing design base
- Participate regularly in process improvement projects
What you’ll have for a background:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in design of all aspects of electrical systems, power and controls for industrial machinery (PLC/Ladder Logic)
- Ability to read and create electrical wiring diagrams and schematics
- Familiarity with NEC, NEMA, FM, UL, CSA and other codes and standards related to electrical machinery.
- Creative problem solving skills
- Ability to manage time and priorities effectively