Developing, implementing, and continually improving EHS programs across all sites within the business unit, reducing risk, prevents incidents and complies with external regulatory requirements so as to provide an environment that is safe and secure. Serves as organization point of contact for co. Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team.
Secondary: To assist in coordinating facilities management tasks, serving as the point-person for employee-related concerns relevant to the facility and managing local relationships with contracted-service providers (inc. HVAC, electrical and plumbing).
- Develops and maintains EH&S policies, practices and procedures that address the operational activities in which the Business Unit engages, and which ensure compliance with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare, submit (as appropriate, by law) and document all EPA, DEP and OSHA requirements, e.g. OSHA 300 log, CAA, CWA, RCRA, storm water / wastewater, and Tier II reports, as required.
- Liase with Co. ERM contacts to facilitate up-stream and down-stream compliance and reporting.
- CDBU Safety Committee – Program Owner
- Facilitate program in alignment with Co. policies and standardize polices and practice across sites.
- Coordinate with and provide support to Safety Element Champions
- Oversee Safety Training Program, including on-boarding of new employees
- Perform Job Hazard Analysis, Hazard Assessments and Ergonomic evaluations.
- Serve as Hazardous Waste Program Manager and oversee all biological, chemical and hazardous waste management programs.
- Establish, maintain, and improve processes where employees can communicate EH&S related questions and concerns.
- Develop recommendations that provide solutions, remedies or process improvements.
- Audits & Inspections
- Conduct and coordinate regular EH&S safety audits, inspections, drills, evacuations, etc.
- Serves as liaison to local regulators and emergency services, in coordination with Site Leads
- Serves as Audit / Inspection leader when available.
- Interact, report and provide company representation to regulatory bodies relating to particular aspects of EH&S affairs, compliance matters, enforcement actions, remedial activities and regulatory affairs, in coordination with QA/RA department.
- Responsible for scene assessments and emergency coordination
- Ensures that complaints, incidents, compliance deviations and enforcement actions are fully investigated, in coordination with HR & Legal counterparts.
- Works with other functional departments to ensure corrective and preventative measures are taken.
- Advance EH&S objectives and achievement of results through the engagement of appropriate stakeholders throughout the organization, including the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), Site Leads, Element Champions and the Senior Leadership team.
- Special Project Lead – manages projects arising from incidents, inspections and other findings.
- Develop and maintain a BU EH&S / ERM Schedule.
- Support with Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) Management planning.
- Development and continual review of RISK Registries.
- Proactively seek ways in which new technologies may add value to the business.
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- Strong leadership, facilitation and stakeholder management skills.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills, with effective meeting and presentation skills.
- Ability to gather and organize information, to compose letters, memos and correspondences requiring independent judgement.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, time-management and organizational skills.
- Passion for continuous improvement with demonstrated initiative.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Engineering, Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science or other relevant discipline.