· Interpret client requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented accurately and within budget.
· Develop electrical and controls system design solutions based on accepted engineering principles in support of the solution according to the specification.
· Define equipment and parts from external suppliers.
· Understand machine safety requirements and specifications, and implement designs in compliance.
· Create accurate Bill of Materials.
· Support the assembly and validation of systems which may include pneumatics, servos, VFD’s, relays, communication networks, touchscreens, PLCs, Programmable Safety Controllers, and various equipment.
· Commission customized products and systems onsite and at customer facilities.
· Resolve technical problems, and work to minimize delays or unexpected cost increases.
· Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed.
· Create customized documentation package, including user manuals, programming diagrams, network diagrams, and electrical drawings in accordance with industry and company quality standards.
· Provide timely and accurate project updates.
· Oversee project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure timely delivery of projects, expected quality, and allotted budget.
· An Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
· Proficient or ability to learnMS Office Suite, RSLogix 5000, FactoryTalk View Studio, AutoCAD.
· Strong fundamental knowledge of control and electrical system design and its application in automated industrial designs including specification of power, sensor, inspection, and communications systems.
· Efficiently organize and plan work tasks to meet company goals.
· Must be a self-starter, team player, work well with others, and have a positive attitude. · Must have ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Maintain accurate records and files according to company quality standards., have ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Maintain accurate records and files according to company quality standards.