Long term Contract (12+ months)
The Test Lead will work closely with the Project Manager and Business Analyst with the review and validation of requirements deliverable’s and managing risks. The Test Lead will be responsible for the planning and execution of quality assurance testing to identify, reproduce, and report defects in software. Responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan; executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected (for functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other legacy- and / or external systems).
- Leads all unit testing.
- Plans and reviews unit test models for product test and release control (plans, data, and scripts) including regression testing.
- Plans product unit tests with Functional Team Leads and team members.
- Defines unit test plans and criteria for acceptance.
- Assess current automation unit testing scripts and coverage.
- Approves Entry/Exit criteria to be used.
- Directs work planning and the development of accurate estimates for testing activities as required.
- Ensures that test design remains within project scope.
- Communicates accurate and useful status reports to Systems Team Lead and other management on a timely basis.
- Communicates effectively with customers.
- Ensures that defined processes are followed.
- Conducts post project reviews and quality assessments.
- Develops and facilitates testing goals and metrics.
- Provides training to existing staff
Several years of software testing experience
Several years using automation test tools such as JMeter, Test Complete, QTP and/or Selenium
4 year college degree preferred or equivalent technical study
Project Management experience, preferred