The Technical Project Lead is responsible for serving as the liaison between software vendors, implementation team, steering committee and site leads in the delivery of software platforms. Provide technical insight, leadership and guidance for partner organizations in the software rollout. Manage the technical section of the overall project plan and all of the technical activities, budget and deliverables of projects.
Technical Project Lead works closely with and supervises the IT subject matter experts (programmers, systems analysts and technical architects) from the sites and coordinates the work with the project leads of the functional areas. The Technical Project Lead is a member of the IT Group along with the CIOs of the three sites. The IT Group is represented by its chair on the Project Steering Committee.
Report to the Executive Director of the Project Steering Committee and the Project Manager.
Estimated timeframe from start to completion is 18 months. High potential, for the right person, for a permanent position.
- Prepare for implementation by gathering information and understanding of the status quo of each site’s existing system architecture.
- Provide technical guidance for activities assigned within the scope of responsibility.
- Provide technical coordination advice for the ERP cutover and decommissioning strategies/timing for legacy solutions for the colleges.
- Report weekly status, and proactively raises issues and potential risks.
- Ensure unified leveraging of vendor platform toolkits, APIs and technical approaches by all three sites to enable best practices during and after the project
- Strong background in system architecture, data exchange architecture and project management.
- Deliverable‐focused. Strong technical analyst, business analyst and organizational transition management skills.
- Manage multiple assignments, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and cultures.
- Manage IT infrastructure including data migrations, integrations, testing methodologies, reporting.
- Use creativity, past experience and logic to see a project from concept to final implementation
- Build relationships with external and internal contacts.
- Proven ability in Transition management.
To apply for this job email your details to Jay@vantagepointrecruiting.com