Designed to address the issues of the cost and waste of traditional construction containment methods, the co’s panel system provides a fast, reusable, flexible, clean and green solution to environmental isolation needs. Our customers save critical time and labor costs while providing a superior level of isolation and protection from the contamination, noise and hazards of the construction site.
Mechanical Design Engineer candidate will be a highly-motivated professional with proven track record of successful product development programs encompassing requirements development and conceptual design to manufacturing launch.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter capable of operating with minimal direction and supervision and have demonstrated skills in multi-tasking, organization, self-direction, and a strong background with mechanical design engineering. This engineer will be responsible for creation and manufacturing implementation for new products, accessories, tooling, fixtures, process and technical documentation, and downstream customer support. Good creative skills, along with a deep background and hands-on experience with multiple disciplines of metals machining and fabrication, injection molded plastics, composites, electromechanical integration, automation and the demonstrated experience in converting designs into successful, profitable manufactured products, are all keys to becoming part of the crew. Strong 3D CAD skills are a must along with demonstrated experience in bringing your designs to full production.
This is a unique opportunity to become part of a rapidly growing nationally recognized provider of products and services to the construction and critical containment sectors. Significant potential for advancement to other functional, leadership and management positions exist as the company continues its rapid sales growth.
- Develop product feature and performance specifications in conjunction with the STARC sales and marketing teams and managers;
- Research new materials and manufacturing methods that have the potential to provide the greatest value and highest quality products;
- Design, build and test prototypes in rapid feedback loops, gaining rapid knowledge in an efficient manner, working to meet the program goals of cost, performance, capacity, etc. Will be hands on, building and testing prototypes in the lab and shop.
- Execute a complete design development program, from 3D product design to tooling, fixtures, drawings and production of a full set of documentation for internal processes, external suppliers, customers and tech support team members;
- Maintain engineering records and revision control for all products, tools and fixtures;
- Participate and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives (6S) with all team members;
- Assist with the development of new standards, procedures and systems to support the quality and brand expectations of our customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and thinking. Makes good first impression and is easy to work with; team player, collaborator, self-starter, high work ethic;
- 3D CAD knowledge with demonstrated experience with assemblies, product design and documentation
- experience in design / build, documentation, project management and vendor relations;
- Experience with manufacturing including skills with machining, fabrication, molding, composites and process equipment;
- Associated Degree min- BSME or BSMET Preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
To apply for this job email your details to Jay@vantagepointrecruiting.com