The Material Manager is responsible for the planning, organizing and controlling of the material in the inventory control departments to maximize productivity.
Provide leadership and guidance to employees in Materials, Inventory Control, Scheduling and Manufacturing departments to assure customer demands, inventory accuracy, and shipping schedules are met.
· Manage, control and direct the materials planning, strategic procurement, inventory control and shipping / receiving functions
· Listen, support, engage and encourage employee suggestions and input to achieve exceptional results.
· Develop strategic partnerships with existing suppliers, assess and manage supply chain risk, control costs and position the supply chain for future growth.
· Use project management tools and best practices to effectively oversee multiple projects across the materials group.
· Collaborate with the management team to develop an inventory strategy for maximum productivity.
· Maintain control over gross inventory to minimize inventory levels while ensuring material availability to facilitate the highest level of customer satisfaction through consistent on-time delivery performance.
· Establish goals, set priorities and coordinate all related activities within the Materials Group to ensure drive and focus towards meeting or exceeding established common business objectives.
· Oversee and manage team expenses to meet budgets and financial objectives and proactively seek opportunities to drive improvement of the operating results.
· Develop and implement daily, monthly, and quarterly tracking metrics that pinpoint key accountabilities
· Champion cost reduction efforts by establishing goals/metrics in regards to purchased items (components and raw) for the Purchasing team; establish expectations and hold team accountable to deliver
· Hold our supplier base accountable for Quality and On Time Delivery as well as introduce “Lean” concepts to them with a focus on partnering with the company to increase flexibility, improve delivery, and reduce cost through effective supply chain management
· Be a change agent in initiating and improving processes and practices that are not working effectively
· Several years experience in Procurement and Production Planning, with leadership capacity
· Possess technical aptitude to understand advanced level of product line knowledge
· Possess a continuous process improvement mindset with the ability to effectively lead and manage change
· Strong working knowledge of ERP system
· Strong project management and organizational skills
· Demonstrated strong negotiation skills
· Ability to adapt to change and maintain a positive attitude
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills