Develop and maintains electrical control systems and/or components. They will be able to convert scientific and engineering data, and other technical into workable models. They’ll be able to create design documents, specifications, PCB layouts, block diagrams, and be able to perform program coding and testing. Candidates will have a strong ability to resolve technical issues through debugging, research and other investigative procedures.
- Works continually on improving performance of source code using industry standard methodologies. Provides support for investigating and debugging production issues.
- Plays a key role in new product development, writing code, performing testing and verifying specifications are met.
- Collaborate with development team members to achieve project results. Analyzes technical requirements and provides feedback on development projects.
- Recommends new development strategies and procedure improvements to the development team.
- Performs unit testing to ensure programs meet stated business objectives prior to supplying to Quality Assurance Team. Ensures projects are completed in a timely manner, consistently achieving project deadlines.
- Participate in the establishment of group standards and processes. Helps drive technology direction and choices of technologies by making recommendations based on experience and research.
- Takes on complex software development tasks and works creatively and efficiently in troubleshooting and resolution of system issues.
- Able to create basic wiring diagrams and schematics for documentation purposes.
- Strategic Initiatives: Actively engages in driving strategic initiatives, and the related goals, to ensure the most optimal outcome.
- Communication: Effectively communicates using written, oral, non-verbal, and active listening skills. Has the ability to clearly present an idea or concept so others understand, lets others speak, and engages productively in difficult conversations while upholding our ethical values.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College University plus four to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills & Quality List
- 8-10 years proficiency in “C” programming language
- Proficiency in Visual Basic programming language
- Ability to work with Python, knowledge of repository such as bitbucket
- PCB Layout, Orcad or pads preferred
- Hardware knowledge and selection in analog and digital electronic circuits
- Preferred: knowledge of ST Microprocessors and ARM processors
- Strong knowledge of embedded systems
- Ability to create detailed schematics and block diagrams for new products
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent 4 year degree
- Strong product development skills ability to work within Timelines etc
To apply for this job email your details to Jay@vantagepointrecruiting.com