The company has 3x in the past 5 years and they hope to double again in the near future (primarily through M&A), as a billing center, they are doing $800MM and hoping to double in the next few years. They are and engineering services firm with emphasis on environmental/ energy and construction mgnt services.
This Finance director would head up a group of ~50 people- (Projects Accountants + Billing) – Very fast paced/ contract driven business.
Reports into the National Finance Director, focusing on project accounting and billing and internal accounting control, and related functions. Provide management with reports, information and advice relative to financial matters and financial planning necessary to effectively deliver services. The role requires the individual to build and lead an effective business partnership between the Finance team and VPR operations groups as well as various Corporate-level functions.
- Oversee DSO (Days Sales Outstanding) through efficient invoicing and collections in collaboration with Project Managers, the Office Director, and Regional Director.
- Ownership of project invoicing cycle from initial billing to receipt of payment.
- Assist practice leaders with quarterly project review meetings to ensure healthy project financial management.
- Oversee team accountable for contract management including initial execution, insurance coverage, subcontractor coordination, and maintenance for duration of the project (i.e., budget modifications and rate increases).
- Ability to identify and track multiplier, profitability, and other financial trends.
- Establish and maintain effective record-keeping systems.
- Prepare financial analysis for project contract negotiations.
- Compile billing performance reports and sharing of performance information.
- Oversee department activities and ensure adherence to corporate accounting schedules and deadlines.
- Coordinate with Management, IT and others for Deltek Vision system enhancements and process improvements.
Required Skills +Qualifications:
- BS/BA Degree required, preferably in Accounting; MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in project accounting or financial management to include supervision of Project Accounting staff or Billing specialists.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
To apply for this job email your details to Jay@vantagepointrecruiting.com