This position is responsible for supporting products in the field, and throughout the sales process, providing training, and support services. Utilize engineering techniques to identify, trouble shoot and enhance customer applications in order to improve productivity, quality and the safety of their operation. Drive Configuration, including troubleshooting, commissioning and repairs. Generate plans, and designs for mechanical and electro-mechanical products and systems. Direct and coordinate activities involved in the fabrication, operation, application, installation and repair of electro-mechanical products and systems.
- Perform field installations and recommends design modifications for maximum machine or system efficiency.
- Drive customer retention and fosters relationships. Customer focus – continuously learning of their objectives and how the company’s services may fit into their needs.
- Provide application support for on-site technical service and coordinates with the sales department.
- Maintain up to date and regular service records for all customer paid service requests and calls.
- Provide detailed engineering solutions for projects and products.
- Ensure completion of all details including design, testing, bills of material, documentation and all follow up until project is completed.
- Active member of all Design/Product Review meetings in order to provide field service input.
- Travel as required.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum two year technical degree in Applied Technology or Engineering.
- Electrical or electro-mechanical concentration preferred.
- Other education with applicable experience may also be considered.
- Minimum two years of facility experience with emphasis of automated equipment and/or field service with primary focus on control systems.
- Applicable cooperative education experience may also be considered.
- Must have a good working knowledge to include, but not limited to, the troubleshooting and repair of VFD s, Motors/Wiring configurations, PLCs, Computers, Electrical Schematics, Control Circuits, and Preventive / Predictive maintenance.
- Familiar with AB PLC processers (CompactLogix and ControlLogix preferred) and input/output modules. Knowledge of other non-A&B control systems such as Siemens, or Parker/SSD would be a plus.
- Strong communication skills, written & verbal