Controller who will oversee all accounting functions and processes, maintain the company’s accounting and tax records, and be responsible for the accurate and timely management and reporting of the company’s financial statements.
- Accounting Systems
- Manages the day-to-day accounting operations of the company. This includes reviewing, distributing and coding invoices with the AP Manager, reviewing all billing with the AR Manager, general ledger oversight, and decision-making with respect to accounting
- Interacts and communicates daily with company managers and vice presidents to ensure smooth paperwork
- Prepares monthly financial statements for the company’s owners and for the co’s lenders.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal tax
- Works closely with the company’s outside auditors and tax advisors, and plays the lead role in the company’s annual financial
- Financial Leadership
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures, and internal
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective
- Participates in the development of and support the company’s strategic plans
- Provide leadership and support to accounts receivable and accounts payable departments
- Manages financial staff by planning and monitoring job results, and through appraising, coaching and counseling
- Acts as a payroll backup for the HR Generalist, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related
- Understanding of accounting principles, with exposure to financial markets and
- Understanding of financial data analysis and
- Knowledge of payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines, with strong organization and priority setting skills.
This position has responsibility for two personnel in accounts receivable and accounts payable.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
Some travel may be required to work in other company facilities for cross training or assisting with projects. This travel would be very infrequent and most days will be spent in the primary office.
To apply for this job email your details to Jay@vantagepointrecruiting.com