Our client has a long rich history (100+ years) and niche product, among the top leaders in the industry in North America.
Oversee the sales team and be a “direct seller”. Expected to grow sales as an individual contributor and work directly with leading end users and/or partner through industrial distribution into channels: power & utility; telecommunications & fiber; MRO; electrical; oil & gas; mining; heavy marine/offshore; commercial fishing/yacht; fall protection, scaffolding, barrier, theatrical, playground/amusement; rigging & towing.
Qualified candidates must be goal-driven sales professionals who possess:
- Several years of successful sales experience (through passion, focus, high energy and teamwork) leading a multi-state territory within the industrial channel. Develop and execute strategies to increase sales, market share and profits.
- Ingenuity to develop and manage key relationships within assigned region while maximizing new business development opportunities.
- Mastery in identifying market gaps with strength in negotiating contracts and programs on a regional level. Monitor market for need to modify pricing to meet sales objectives/profit goals
- Ability to work with the sales team to develop pipelines and ensure execution of existing initiatives, provide performance forecasts
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and willing to roll up your shirt sleeves to contribute alongside the team
- Ability to assimilate data, learn product categories and educate accounts on products.
- Success in managing accounts with excellent time and project management skills.
- Demonstrated evidence of proven track record and possess the ability to provide demonstrated sales results with meeting and/or exceeding sales goals.
- Ability to maintain flexibility to travel by either plane or car (65% of time or greater). No encumbrances.
- Strategic thinker who can analyze markets and opportunities
- Business acumen to communicate changing market conditions, forecasts, and assemble business proposals.
- Vast experience presenting information cross-functionally to all levels of personnel. Create and make sales presentations to prospects and existing accounts.
- Influencing (Closing) Skills
- Creative, intelligent, organized
- Superior business and financial acumen
- Industrial Distribution
- Sales/Sales Management
- Hitting Monthly Targets